Two lovely bloggers (Guida and Yolanda) passed on the "happy award" and "versatile blogger" blog awards to me recently. I try not to get too personal on my blog because it is a blog about fashion but at the same time I don't want to feel like a stranger to my readers. So I am really excited to answer these blog awards which I think will help everyone get to know me and my interests (well, other than fashion and photography) a little better. I'm cheating a teeny-tiny bit! Instead of picking out a couple of other bloggers to pass these awards on to, i'm tagging every one of my readers! If you decide to post on your blog be sure to leave a comment with the link, i'll love reading everyone elses answers too!
The happy 101 award
♥ List 10 things that make you happy (i'm not going to include fashion, photography, dresses, blogs and pastel colors since those are very obvious!)
1. Colorful flowers
Whenever i'm feeling down (or just want to lift my mood) a splash of bright color always helps. The pink lily flower is my favorite.
2. Urban Exploration / Abandoned Buildings
This is probably not the most common hobby among 20 year old girls (and i'm sure many people consider it a lil' weird!) but there is something incredibly charming about old decaying buildings which are full of history. Of course certain buildings (such as hospitals) have an element of sadness to them but they still had happy times too. My favorites are hotels and amusement parks!
3. Things that remind me of my childhood
I had a great childhood and really loved growing up in the 90s. I probably didn't appreciate it as much as I should have back then, but now and then i'll find something that takes me back to being a little girl. Just last week I downloaded every episode of Pepper Ann for my iPod, next up is KaBlam!
For the last couple of winters we have been lucky enough to get lots of snow where I live. I think it makes winter/Christmas feel really special and it looks so pretty. Plus I love stomping through it and hearing it crunch under my feet!
5. Being kissed on my forehead
Forehead kisses..oh gosh. Aren't they just the best kind?! Regardless of how bad my day is, a forehead kiss will always put a smile back on my face!
6. Clouds (and the sky in general!)
I love laying on the grass and staring at the clouds. I don't really know *why* I think they are so fascinating but they make me happy! Every time I see a pretty cloud I just have to take a picture of it.
7. Perfume / Pretty perfume bottles
I'm a sucker for perfume! If it comes in a pretty bottle then thats even better. My favorite perfume for evening wear is the original Juicy Couture perfume or Addict by Dior. My favorite for day time is plain ol' vanilla.
More specifically, outdoor concerts! I have been to a lot of concerts as a fan and also as a photographer, I have to say that nothing beats the amazing atmosphere at an outdoor concert! They are my favorite thing about summer. Hanging out on the grass in Marley Park with a group of friends and an awesome band playing on stage always makes me happy.
9. Oversized hoodies
Throwing on an old oversized hoodie always makes me feel secure! I tend to buy 'em a size or two bigger now because those are extra comfy. Not the most fashionable piece of clothing in my closet but definitely makes me smile!
10. Snail mail
As much as I love technology I hate that things like real handwritten letters and film photography is dying out. I love writing and receiving handwritten letters, knowing someone has taken the time to write me a letter puts the biggest smile on my face! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate emails too, but there's something a little bit extra special about snail mail.
[Picture credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.]
The versatile blogger award
♥ Share 7 things about yourself
1. I absolutely hate short term relationships/hooking up! I would rather stay single than have a quick fling. I have felt this way since I started dating boys!
2. I was (more than likely) a twin but my mother miscarried the other baby. I say more than likely because there was no solid proof that my mom was carrying twins however she lost a lot of blood and the doctors said it was more than likely a twin but it was too late to test!
3. I have always had more male friends than female! When I was a kid I was still a girly-girl but preferred to hang out with boys. I do like being friends with girls but I mesh better with a group of guys!
4. I am terrified of drowning alive but I love being near the ocean and listening to the waves. (I'm also afraid of birds!)
5. I was really ill when I was 14/15 and had over 30 shots (injections) over a period of two weeks but I still cringe when I see them!
6. When I was 15 I had a mullet! My hair stylist made a huge mistake and it resulted in a mullet, it was horrible. Luckily my mom brought me to get extensions the very next day.
7. I was a little bit of an entrepreneur. When I was 15 I was earning $1000+ a month (sometimes $2000) this lasted for a few years until I lost interest in the internet and put my energy into things I enjoyed instead (I still don't regret it)